Saturday 18 January 2014

Iraya Nourishing Lotus Body Butter review


Iraya is a Nagpur based brand found by Rahul kale in 2005. The brand is engaged in four main product lines

  • Ayurveda
  • Botanicals
  • Bath & Shower 
  • Spa at home-it is used by all the leading Spa centers in Country.  

Iraya has setup it's manufacturing facility outside Nagpur and cultivates its own ingredients through Herbal and Organic farming. It's retail store in Mumbai  is located at Ground floor, J.P road, 7 bungalows , Andheri (w) and products can also be found at retail stores of Hyatt, J.W Marriott and Westin Hotel.

About Iraya Nourishing Lotus Body Butter




I received Iraya Lotus body butter in my Dec,13 Fabbag (earlier known as Vellvette Bag)and is the best amongst the lot I have received from the Fabbag.The body butter comes in a very cute tub packaging of 250 gms costing Rs. 795. Fabbag sent me a sample of 35 gms which is quite enough to last me for weeks

 I have got a combination skin for my face while rest of my body skin is quite dry. And though I live in Mumbai, my skin gets all scaly and flaky during winters . The normal body lotion keeps my skin moisturised for 2-3 hours after which the dryness reappears. For such instance,  Iraya body butter has proved quite beneficial . It consists of Aloe Vera, Lotus  seeds and Kokum butter and penetrates deep into the skin giving it a soft glowing texture .Best past is that skin remains hydrated for quite a long period. In my case the hydration remains for 8-10 hours.

Just before using Iraya , I had got severe rashes on my hands and my hand skin had become very scaly and itchy (I am allergic to metal and metal bangles gives me bad rashes-but then they look so pretty). I was actually thinking of consulting a dermatologist. Somehow after applying Iraya for a week there was an astonishing improvement in the texture of my skin and scaliness was quite improved. I am not sure whether this was an Iraya effect or my skin simply healed over a period of time but it converted me into a fan. 


On application, it feels a little greasy but eventually is well absorbed by the skin.It leaves behind a mild fragrance which acutely reminds me that I have applied Ayurveda stuff but then I have got use to the smell. Plus these days there is big revolution in the form of increased usage of Ayurvedic and organic stuff in every aspect of the lifestyle and I guess it's only going to get bigger.I really like that fact that all ingredient of Iraya are cultivated at their farm itself. The thought gives me such a fresh feeling. I will recommend a definite purchase of Iraya body butter especially in the winter season. 

P.S:  It might look a bit greasy and may not be absorbed effectively by the oily skin. 

Hasta La Vista Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment