Tuesday 7 January 2014

Book Love

Hello friends

Through my second post on this blog , I will be talking about my favourite topic which is Books. I am a bookworm . I cannot sleep or travel without a book by my side. It seems since the time I learnt to read, I have been reading books , magazines and anything I can lay my hand on ( of course this doesn't apply to course books but I use to read my Hindi and English lit school books well in advance).I was a huge fan of Diamond comics and later on of Enid Blyton.

Currently I am hooked on series of Game of Thrones. I am a sucker for  period fiction , magic superpower kind of thing and hence thoroughly enjoy reading such kind of books. I also tried watching the series but it's too gore for my taste . I have also recently started reading Vogue on a regular basis due to sudden interest in fashion and makeup. I owe this to certain bloggers about whom I will talk about in more detail in my later posts.

Apart from GoT , other book lying at my couch waiting to be read is Those Pricey Thakur Girls by Anuja Chauhan. Though I seldom read Indian authors , I do experiment with them in between. Authors like Arivind Adiga , Vikram Seth, Suketu Mehtha and Amish do feature in my favourite list.

Some of my treasured books are :

A Suitable Boy
The White Tiger
Maximum City
Of course the Harry Potter series
Twilight series (I can read the last book over and again)
The kite runner
Thousand splendid suns
Jurassic park
The Best Kept Secret
Godfather
Memoirs of Geisha
 N latest addition -Song of Ice and fire series

Though I can babble endlessly on my love for books, I will save the babble for my next posts. Through my next post I will try to do a review of most talked about novels of 2013.

Till then, Adios Amigos



3 comments:

  1. I love books, too! And yes, I loved getting my schoolbooks at the beginning of the year just so I could start reading the English and Hindi lessons. :D

    My favourite books are:
    Harry Potter
    The Hunger Games
    The Divergent Trilogy
    The Kite Runner

    and so many romance novels! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know Swati :-)
    I have heard so much about Hunger games and am going to start with it once am finished with GoT series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely should; it's amazing! There's war, action, tragedy, comedy, romance... possibly everything you could want in a novel! :D

    ReplyDelete