Saturday 7 October 2017

Tips for healthy pregnancy




Well I really and really miss my pregnancy days . All the pampering , undivided attention and most of all my cute bump and the feeling of a life growing inside it .
Fortunately I had quite a easy breezy pregnancy and even a easy breezy delivery.
I would like to share some of my wisdom with the expecting  mom's with the hope that it may prove beneficial to them :

  1. Some of you may have a super nausea in the first trimester . I had and I was vomiting throughout the first 4 months . Don't worry , you cannot do about it . Just survive with this too shall pass . Alternatively you can find something which helps you in keeping nausea at bay . For me chat masala was a wonder magic . And meds like Ondem helps too ( But please consult your gynec before taking any meds)
  2. Please and please always consult your gynec before taking any meds even a mild one like ENO or Pudin Hara
  3. Be updated on all the upcoming tests done during pregnancy . For the first 7 months your gynec might call you once a month if everything is smooth . Be diligent in your gynec visits and do get all the tests done suggested by your gynec
  4. Please and please do take all your Folic , calcium and iron tablets as prescribed without missing a beat
  5. From 3rd trimester onwards , baby starts taking iron from your body which leads to depletion in Iron and rise  is sugar . Be cautious about having diet rich in iron throughout your pregnancy as often women in their 3rd trimester need to get supplemental iron shots due to low hemoglobin
  6. Never and never compromise on your exercise routine . Walk as much as much as you can and be as active as you can even in the 40th week of your pregnancy . Believe me walking is the key to relatively easy labour
  7. Avoid stress and avoid people who give you stress . Make yourself your first priority at your workplace and your home . You are pregnant , it's your rite to get all the preferences , if people don't understand that , don't fret , simply give yourself all the preferences .
  8. Once you enter your third trimester , avoid travelling through bumpy roads . If cannot , take a cushion for the extra support
  9. Invest in loose fitting and front open maternity clothes . They will come handy in the last trimester and will be super comfortable while feeding the baby
  10. Give a read on the painless delivery and other type of birth methods so as to make a conscious and quick decision on the D day 

13 comments:

  1. These are such useful tips for all new moms, will share with my pregnant friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all the pointers.. it's very important to abide by these things to experience a happy delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely tips. This will definitely help all mommies to be for sure. Some pointers would have helped me so much. SO glad you came up with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips for pregnant women. I like point 7 the best - avoid people that give you stress- absolutely ! It's the time to be selfish for yourself and your baby's well being so don't feel guilty about it too

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some very useful and practical tips to be kept in mind during pregnancy. My view - ENO or Pudin hara are a strict No during pregnancy. I have heard of a case where ENO led to a miscarriage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some useful tips! It's so imp to take doctor's advice before taking even something like Eno. Rightly advised by you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow so you had an easy pregnancy. I didn't like my pregnancy :( but these are some good tips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suffered from severe nausea till 5th month and those were the worst of all the days. Other thing which I didn't take serious was exercise and I suffered a lot from that too. I really like this post, you have given some really nice tips, hope this helps expecting ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips for ladies who are planning pregnancy. I agree about not taking stress and about not skipping meds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really helpful tips. New mother these days prepare themselves with reading a lot and post like yours can quickly give the much needed wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so miss my pregnancy days too. I had a smooth pregnancy. Didnt puke even once. However my blood work showed I was very low in iron and platelets and everyday was a race to make sure these stats pulled up. And they did only in the 9th month. Facepalm. It was difficult overall. But your tips are super helpful to moms to be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just like Tara, I had a swift pregnancy but just low on iron which spiked in the last trimester. Lol. But I miss pregnant. These are some really helpful tips Shrishti.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brings back memories of my pregnant days. These tips are very real. Good job.

    ReplyDelete