Tuesday 8 July 2014

ColorBar I-Glide pencil in Cocoa Bar

Hey everyone,

We all know what importance kohl places in our lives. The day I started wearing the kohl, I have never able to step of my house without wearing one. Rather if I don't wear it, I always get comments on how unwell I am looking :D. Well since primitive times, I have always used a black kohl and somehow was always shy of trying other colors. 

I bought ColorBar I Glide pencil In Cocoa brown shade for filling my eyebrows. However even after several tries, I was no good with using a pencil for filling my eyebrows plus the shade was a tad darker on me. And I was feeling ready bad for wasting it. So I thought of trying the same  as an eyeliner and eventually as a kohl. And believe me the first swipe over my lower waterline and I was sold to the brown color magic. 

Well guys the sad part is that while writing this post, I lost my eye pencil someplace . I didn't had the heart to delete the draft and therefore I I will be posting this review with the images taken from the net and without my personal swatches. 

                                   1.1 gm available for Rs. 499/-

ColorBar launched these pencils in 13 different shades to spoil their customers for choices. I mean I have never seen such a wide range of colored eye pencils. And they are available in almost every color you may or may not imagine. I bought the one in Cocoa Bar.

What does ColorBar says about the product 

Defines like a pencil and glides like liquid eyeliner. This efforlessly easy to use I Glide Eye Pencil with its smooth formulation, gives your eyes rich colour in a single stroke and blends in easily after application.Last longer then 8 hours, does not feather or bleed. 

My take on the product 

The ColorBar I Glide eye pencil is a silver based eye pencil with the colored  tip at the end  same as the color of the pencil  for the easy identification . The cap is also silver based , slightly slanted with adequate tight fitting. The pencil is sturdy and travel friendly. 

Cocoa bar is a dark brown color eye pencil with black undertones and a creamy texture. The color is spectacular and look ravishing on the eyes. I more like using it as a kohl. It's a very warm color and gives the eyes a very natural warm look and it comes out so well on the waterline.  The pencil glides like a dream. There is zero effort in applying it ,absolutely no tugging no pulling. The color pay off is amazing. The staying power as ColorBar claims is easily for around 6-7 hours after which the color fades leaving a light brown stain which gives the hint of light kohl . The pencil is smudge free and can be easily removed with makeup remover.

The only disappointing factor is that the pencil needs to be sharpened very frequently. Being a creamy texture, the  sharpened lid is lost on my eyes in a single application and therefore I have to sharpen it after each application. It is tiresome and leads to the quick disposal of the product. If use on a daily basis, the pencil may last you a month and with higher usage may last you even less then a month. That's disappointing considering the price of the product. 

But still I m in love with this kohl. It's has the most beautiful warm brown color and the smoothest lid. I am surely going to give ColorBar a visit to purchase my another cocoa bar pencil. However this time I would like to get my hands on their other  I Glide Pencils since the color looks so tempting. 

So have you tried ColorBar I glide eye pencil yet? Which is your favourite eye pencil in brown color? Would love to hear all about it. Till then, 

Goodnite


No comments:

Post a Comment